Our client, provides International, Regional and Local travel services is seeking to recruit a Software Programmer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write code in various programming languages such as C++ and java and understands the SDLC.
- Independently develop, maintain, debug, and test computer programs.
- Determines scope, estimates work effort and determines duration of development activities.
- Participates and share ideas of Designing, Developing and Programming new cutting-edge applications and mobile apps solutions to meet current and future business requirements.
- Understands the company’s business processes and works closely with other departments and the business owners to develop in-house software.
- Provides daily support of the web-based platforms; including scripting, configuration, integrations and administration.
- Managing execution of processes related to Problem Management, Service Improvement, and Reporting tools improvement.
- Maintaining API and data integration processes between web applications and other service suppliers.
- Configuration, client customization and implementation of web applications to our corporate customers.
- Constantly monitoring the health and usage of the application.
- Responds to service requests and provide incident resolution.
- Creating process documentation for the team and to provide internal and external training.
- Monitoring the designated applications and takes corrective action to prevent or minimize system down time.
- Generating reports and KPI analysis as needed.
- Support Web Traffic management and load testing for online marketing.
- Prepare periodic presentations or reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing performance data and trends, corrective actions, and service delivery improvements.
- Ability to speak effectively with internal employees and external clients.
- Provides 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Performing other duties and tasks as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering or related degree.
- Experience in Java or .Net (ASP.Net, C#, MVC, WCF/Web Services), JQuery.
- Experience with ASP.NET, MVC, or Web forms development.
- Experience with SQL and Web application development.
- Experience with mobile application development, including Xamarin, native Android, and iOS.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with members of the development team.
- Front-end Development.
- Single Page Applications.
- Hybrid Mobile Applications JSON.
- Chrome Extensions.
- Client-Server Architecture.
- REST APIs.
- Agile Methodologies.
- Test Driven Development(TDD).
- Continuous Integration/Deployment.
To apply follow the link: http://flexi-personnel.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/19239
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement