Automobile Association of Kenya is a national motoring association founded in 1919 and dedicated to promoting and safeguarding the interests and safety of member motorist while on the road.
AA’s long heritage, international affiliation, countrywide branch network and a team of highly qualified professional and technical team, assures our members of a stress free motoring experience.
The association takes leadership in vehicle valuation & inspection, driving school, road rescue services, insurance brokerage, driver reference bureau, international driving permits and carnet de passé, defensive driving training, mileage guidance, among other services.
To support its growth strategy, the Association seeks to recruit a highly motivated professional to fill in the following position:
AA Kenya is a leader in the area of vehicle inspection and valuation. We are looking for team leader to join manage our team of dedicated professionals, and nurture a diverse, energetic, dedicated and fast-paced culture in which teamwork and ingenuity thrive.
The person will be in charge of the strategic growth of the Valuation department and reports to the Head of Technical and commercial services.
A. Strategy development and implementation
- Developing strategies, policies and guidance to support the delivery of Association’s objectives and vision.
- Providing leadership to the valuation team, setting and monitoring team priorities, goals and developing and delivering the team strategy.
- Coordinating the Valuation team’s resources to deliver service efficiently and effectively, ensuring value for money by maximizing revenue and capital income.
B. Financial management
- Participating in the departmental budgeting process.
- Manage valuation division costs and ensure adherence to departmental annual budgets.
C. Performance management
- Supervising / managing / directing the selection, training, development, and appraisal of the valuation team.
- Managing the service delivery of the Valuation Team and providing management.
- Ensuring actualization of established departmental quality objectives.
- Supervising, mentoring, coaching and developing direct reports.
- Preparing and submitting performance reports.
D. Compliance to processes and regulations
- Ensure the established management system for valuation department is implemented and maintained.
- Maintaining provisions of impartiality, quality and confidentiality policies.
- Improving efficiency by ensuring valuation reports are generated promptly and accurately.
- Ensuring valuation methodology is implemented and fully complied with.
E. Customer service
- Review, develop and implement a customer service charter that supports customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that complaints and appeals procedure is implemented.
- Ensuring that orders received are promptly processed, executed and finalized for invoicing.
Minimum job requirements:
For appointment to this position one must have:
- Bachelors Degree in Automotive/Mechanical Engineering
- Certificate of Proficiency in insurance is an added advantage.
- Membership of MAAK or other relevant professional body.
- Ability to analyse and interpret technical reports and legal documents.
- Good Professional judgment.
- Be able to exercise high level of Integrity and impartiality in executing duties.
How to Apply
If you believe that you are the right candidate for any of the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the qualifications given, submit your application letter, current CV, indicating the job title on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 5th March 2018