Water Services Regulatory Board is inviting Partnerships from Community Based Organizations
The Water Services Regulatory Board (Wasreb) is a statutory body charged with the responsibility of licensing Water Service Providers (WSPs), setting standards and enforcing rules that guide the sector towards ensuring that consumers are protected and have access to efficient, affordable and sustainable water services.
Part of Wasreb’s mandate entails setting license conditions, monitoring the performance of WSPs and enforcing license conditions.
Acknowledging a need for strengthening participation and empowerment of consumers in realizing their human right to water and sanitation, Wasreb seeks to work with suitable Community Based Organizations (CBOs) in each of the 47 counties.
The CBOs will partner with Wasreb to facilitate effective consumer engagement in water services in each of the 47 counties.
Successful CBOs will be expected to discharge the following functions:
- Assisting Wasreb and Water Service Providers (WSPs) in providing information on water services and in building consumer awareness on institutional mandates in service delivery
- Sensitizing consumers on their rights and responsibilities
- Channelling bottom-up feedback to WSPs within that County and to Wasreb, on access to water services, service quality and consumer orientation
- Facilitating consumer participation in decisions related to water services
- Serving as liaison between WSPs and consumers ¡n following up unresolved and longstanding consumer complaints and facilitating
- Assisting WSPs in detecting and tackling unlawful behaviour of consumers
- Supporting Wasreb in the monitoring compliance of WSPs with service standards/benchmarks
- Providing linkages between water sector institutions and consumers, residents associations, civil society, community based
organizations, faith based groups, County governments and other groupings within the community
- Making funding proposals to Wasreb based on work plans; drawing budgets, implementing proposed activities, and submitting periodic reports to WSPs and Wasreb on their implementation.
Applications are solicited from community groups meeting the following criteria:
- Be registered as CBOs with a valid certificate
- Be residents in the service area of respective WSPs
- Have some working knowledge in the water and sanitation sector
- Be willing and available to volunteer services and undergo training
- Should not have political interests or bias
- Individual members of the group should have a good record of paying utility bills if connected to the water and sewerage network.
- CBO officials to have a minimum of 0-level certification and be computer literate.
Members of the previous Water Action Groups (WAGs) are encouraged to apply if they have registered as CBOs.
Applications should be accompanied by brief profiles of the CBOs, and registration documents.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Water Services Regulatory Board,
NHIF Building, 5th Floor,
P.O Box 41621-00100,
The deadline for receiving applications is on or before 17th February, 2018 at 11.00am.
Applications may be sent through our official email indicated as email@example.com
or be delivered to our offices at NHIF building 5th floor wing A and placed in the tender box at our reception.