SANA International Holdings Limited
Kenyenya Water Supply and Sanitation is a community water project Serving Kenyenya town and surrounding communities. The project was constructed by the community with support from stakeholders including SANA International in an effort to ensure sustained supply of water to communities living in Kenyenya sub County of Kisii County.
SANA International Holdings Limited has entered into an agreement with Kenyenya Water Supply and Sanitation Management Committee to support of the Water Supply operations
The Company is calling for applications for the following position:
Water Supply Operator
Responsible: Water Supply Operator will be directly reporting to the Technical Manager, SANA International Holdings Ltd. However, overall responsibility is to the Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
The incumbent will supervise all workers in the Kenyenya Water Supply and be ready to support other schemes under agency management in the geographical area.
Undertake basic supervision, operates, maintains, and performs preventative maintenance on Water Supply pumps, springs,
Essential Functions: —
- Inspect, operate, test, and maintain a variety of springs, water wells and pumping equipment, water storage facilities, and water distribution facilities, including pumps, control valves, meters, pipe systems, water storage tanks, chemicals and equipment associated with water treatment, and pressure vessels.
- Collect water samples and perform duties associated with systems water quality standards
- Clean and flush the water system; respond to customer water quality inquiries.
- Maintain and ensure the adequate supply of water in the Zonal reservoirs and water system.
- Requisition parts and supplies
- Maintain, record, and prepare periodic narrative and financial reports.
- Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, and blueprints; record and log a variety of readings.
- May participate in emergency call duty on a rotation basis, at the department’s discretion.
- Able to train WSP personnel; and utilize relevant computer software programs competently.
Education, Training and Experience
Diploma in Water Engineering / Technology AND a minimum of two years of experience in water supply operations.
- Water distribution and treatment procedures, equipment, materials, and tools used in the operation and maintenance of motors, pumps, water treatment plants, compressors, and other equipment.
- Control valves and their maintenance.
- Water quality sampling techniques.
- Cross connection controls.
- Occupational Safety & Safe work practices.
- Basic recordkeeping and report writing practices; and basic Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, Prepaid meter systems.
- Aquifer recharge.
- Facility and equipment testing.
- Operation and maintenance of electric pumps, control panels etc.
- Environmental Concerns.
- Providing efficient customer service and communicating clearly and objectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organizing with the ability to prioritize work and exercise independent judgment, wisdom, diligence, and initiative.
- Thoroughly carrying out oral and written instructions.
- Routinely maintaining a positive attitude.
- Inspecting, operating, and diagnosing problems.
- Performing preventative maintenance on electric motors and diesel engines, pumps, compressors, valves, chemical feed equipment, pressure vessels, and related equipment.
- Performing water quality sampling; facility and equipment tests, including well and pump efficiency tests.
- Effectively present instructions and information in writing and verbally to coworkers, the general public, and outside agencies.
- Using patience, tact, diplomacy, and courtesy in dealing with the public and employees; and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including Management Committee and other government officials, community members, and the general public; and apply safe work practices.
License Requirements: Must possess a valid Kenyan driving /riding license or willing to acquire one within shortest time possible
Interested and qualified candidates to forward their applications (Cover letter and CV) clearly indicating the position applied for:
SANA International Holdings Ltd,
Off Ring Road/Tom Mboya Drive, Milimani
P.O. Box 1137- 40100,
Tel. +254. (0) 57 2023409
Fax. +254 (0) 57 2026267
The application should reach the above address by 5:00pm of 3rd March 2018.