Vacancies in a Water Treatment / Bottling Plant
A newly established water treatment plant in Katito, Kisumu County is seeking the positions below.
Water Treatment Plant Operator
Water Treatment Plant Operators run the equipment, control the processes, and monitor the plant that treat water to make it safe for drinking.
- Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and testing required to maintain compliance with the regulations governing the water treatment process;
- Perform the installation, maintenance and repair of the physical plant and all the components;
- Assist in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and machinery;
- Have a working knowledge of the machinery used for water treatment and bottling;
- Have knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction;
- Have a working knowledge of basic machinery preventive maintenance and repair;
- Clean and maintain equipment, tanks, filter beds, and other work areas;
- Follow KEBS regulations to ensure quality & safety standards are met.
- Analytical skills – Water treatment plant operators must conduct tests and inspections on water and evaluate the results;
- Detail oriented – Water treatment plant operators must monitor machinery, gauges, dials, and controls to ensure everything is operating properly. Operators must be careful and thorough in
completing these tasks;
- Math skills – Water treatment plant operators must have the ability to apply data to formulas that determine treatment requirements, flow levels, and concentration levels;
- Mechanical skills – Water treatment plant operators must know how to work with machines and use tools. They must be familiar with how to operate, repair, and maintain equipment.
- Certificate or Diploma in Plant Operation, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Science, Laboratory Technology or any other relevant field of study;
- Adequate experience in operating water treatment/bottling plant.
How to Apply
All applications with updated CV to be submitted by Wednesday, February 28th 2018, indicating current and expected salary to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.