About Watervale Investments: Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry.
Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans. We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position: We are seeking a Quality Officer to help with planning and logistics within the company. This is a key role that ensures that all the goods that are manufactured meet specifications.
The ideal quality officer has worked in a well established company that has a quality management system.
- Work with production and operations to develop and implement SOPs that will guide the quality department.
- Ensure that no defective goods leave the warehouse
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Works with production to ensure that we’re working on continuous improvement to increase efficiency and decrease waste
- Perform tests on finished goods to ensure that we’re conforming to internal and external standards.
- Create testing protocols across all production lines to troubleshoot processes in line.
- Ensure all measuring equipment is well calibrated and working within their specifications.
- Ensure that we’re conforming to both local and international quality standards.
- Ensure that documents that relate to quality and controlled and only up to date version are accessible to other employees.
At Watervale Investments, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles. We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character.
Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply.
Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- At least 2 years working in quality control preferable.
- Experience working in a company that has a well established quality management system.
- Experience working with ISO, ASTM or KEBS standards
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
- Out of the box thinker
- Multi-tasker who can think on their feet and work
Competitive salary for junior management position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s senior management.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply online