XtraMed Ltd. is a pharmaceutical company in East Africa, with our headquarters in Nairobi. We are seeking to recruit Medical Sales Representatives.
Successful candidates will be responsible for undertaking the assigned sales and marketing responsibilities and achieving the set sales targets.
Sales Representative Job Primary Responsibilities
- Ensure the delivery of brand, category and customer objectives, whilst ensuring the delivery of agreed top-line, bottom-line, pricing and distribution targets.
- Act as the internal and external ‘Customer Champion’ ensuring customer relationships are established and maintained through partnership, collaboration
- Create and implement a customer account plan.
- To steer the region’s growth by adapting strategies as set by the organization to gain distribution, market share, maintain and improve presence at POS versus competition.
- Present and sell company products to existing and potential customers.
- Successfully introduce and establish new products into the market.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify potential Customers and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Manage Customers through regular calls and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve Customer issues.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate competitive product developments, launches / re-launches, opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through
field activity to the Field Lead.
- Coordinate merchandising activities to gain, optimize and maintain shelf image.
- Propose/ develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- To co-ordinate the organizations customer investment strategy, maximizing long-term profitable growth within the set parameters.
- Carry out continuous professional education and updates on products.
Requirements for the Medical Sales Representative Job
- Proven experience as a Medical Sales Representative or relevant role
- Proficiency in English and Swahili
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and other IT skills including knowledge of ERP system software.
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Fast learner and passionate about sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Aptitude in delivering attractive presentations
- Degree or Diploma in Sales and Marketing or its equivalent; background in life sciences will be an added advantage.
- Willing to travel more than 50% of the time – primarily to meet clients.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending their C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd March 2018 5pm.
Clearly indicate on the email subject line ‘Medical Sales Representative’
Candidates must be willing to work on Saturdays.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.