Advertisement for the Position of Restaurant Manager
Young Women Christian Association is a National Organization founded in 1912 whose purpose is to develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls to achieve social and economic empowerment, human rights, health, security, dignity, freedom, justice and peace for all humanity.
The Association invites applications for the position of Restaurant Manager.
The successful candidate will be based in Nairobi at the Head Office and will report to the Head of Business Development.
Purpose of the Job: In keeping with the YWCA vision, ensure that the YWCA restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining the reputation and standards of the organization.
In this position, the key role is managing the restaurant and staff as well as overseeing the success and profitability of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate daily front and back operations of the YWCA restaurant.
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer needs.
- Plan menus by consulting with the chef, estimate food costs and profits.
- Meet restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Control costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation, minimizing waste and ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Promote and market the business, while consistently assessing profitability and identifying areas for improvement.
- Ensure that the restaurant complies with all necessary hygiene, health and safety regulations as well as licensing requirements.
- Maintain stock levels and order supplies when necessary.
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses.
- Organize and supervise staff shifts.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices.
- Any other duty that may be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a Diploma in Hotel and Institutional Management, Food Production, Business Management or an equivalent is required.
- Proven 5 years experience working as a Restaurant Manager, Hospitality Manager or in a similar role.
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge.
- Ability to work independently, as well as lead, manage and motivate a team.
- Analytical skills and a solid understanding of business management practices and strategies.
- Keen problem solver eager to tackle challenges in an organized and strategic manner.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good financial management skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Flexible and proactive.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply.
An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 9th March 2018.
Human Resource Manager
Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis