An Exciting Opportunity
Zetech University is a premier university offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond. The University offers programmes in Technology, Science and Business.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Student Affairs Officer – Placement & Counselling
Job Ref: ZU/10/25/40
Reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs, the position holder will, among other duties, be responsible for:
- Representing the University to prospective employers and seeking placement opportunities;
- Promoting placement opportunities and benefits to students through a range of media options;
- Identifying industry speakers for career guidance talks/presentations/trainings/public lectures;
- Targeting employer events to help inform students on relevant sectors for placement;
- Assisting, promoting and hosting of employer events for both brand building and recruitment;
- Monitoring and assessing the suitability of existing placement opportunities by ensuring that the employers meet the stipulated Zetech Academic Quality Assurance guidelines;
- Organizing workshops and trainings for entrepreneurship, leadership, employability and life skills
- Gathering and analyzing market information and trends;
- Managing and analyzing placement activity data, giving feedback to all stakeholders and creating detailed and accurate reports;
- Providing guidance to students on placement application processes through lectures, employer sessions and individual appointments;
- Improving the self-concept of students; increasing productivity and developing positive image through psychological counseling;
- Ensuring the department is compliant to the University’s Quality Management System;
- Assisting the Dean of Student Affairs in conducting the University Students’ Association activities and organizing student social activities and events.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Counselling Psychology or a Bachelors Degree in a relevant field from a recognized University with a diploma or post graduate diploma in Counselling Psychology;
- Must be a registered Professional Counselor;
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience and knowledge of job recruitment and student attachment process in an educational environment (preferably in a University);
- Experience in counseling young people is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address -email@example.com quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/40 as the subject indicating the current and expected salary not later than 24th February 2018.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER