Scope of Work
Position: Technical Advisor
Project: Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands-Accelerated Growth (REGAL-AG)
Reports To: Chief of Party
Date: April 1 – October 30, 2018; 7 months
Summary: Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands-Accelerated Growth (REGAL-AG) project is a seven year, $24.4 million dollars USAID funded project that seeks to foster increased competitiveness in the livestock value chain – particularly red meat, live animals, camel/cattle dairy, and poultry production – while generating economic opportunities for actors along the value chain, particularly pastoralist livestock keepers, including women and youth.
In the final year, REGAL-AG will support the construction and rehabilitation of eight additional livestock markets and livestock infrastructures through its Community Contracting Fund, aimed to alleviate market infrastructure constraints and generate economic opportunities.
The Technical Advisor will contribute directly to the REGAL-AG program’s goal of building upon and deepening the inclusiveness and competitiveness of the livestock value chain in Marsabit. Isiolo, Turkana, Wajir and Garissa counties while furthering livestock-related economic opportunities.
The person will support technical implementation to ensure a strong project close out. The person will work closely with COP to ensure projects meet the its objectives and completes all its technical deliverables by the end of the contract date. It is anticipated that this position requires travel to northern Kenya.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the COP to oversee and provide technical leadership and direction to REGAL-AG to ensure efficient and timely implementation of project activities.
- Support the Chief of Party in ensuring a coordinated and focused delivery of the project results as defined in the contract.
- Work closely with chief of party and operations team to plan and organize various key events and activities including market launches, exit workshop in the counties, and close-out event. Key tasks for these activities include develop events calendar, mobilize and liaise with the relevant stakeholders, and ensure smooth implementation of the above activities.
- In collaboration with COP, Communications team, and HQ Project Manager, identify and prepare materials for learning and close out events and ensure the event is well organized and communicates achievements of REGAL-AG to all stakeholders.
- Prepare materials for the final county exit workshops and ensure the exit workshops in all 5 counties are well organized .
- Ensure that practices followed on the projects adhere to ACDI/VOCA Kenya employee manual, Kenyan labor laws, and sound management practices.
- Coordinate with the COPs on a regular basis to coordinate regular planning processes; discussing field activities, successes, and potential issues and risks; and contributing to knowledge management.
- Contribute to a high-level and productive working environment. Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender-related and culturally sensitive issues.
- Any other duties assigned by COP
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business management, project management community/development studies, business development services, pastoral livestock systems or related field of livelihoods diversification, agribusiness management. Master Degree, preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in a senior management of USAID funded projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in conducting project close out activities and events with good understanding of USAID compliance, policies and procedures.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across projects, to be flexible and creative.
- Demonstrated skill in strategic thinking and ability to dialogue with host country government.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than March 10, 2018.
In the subject line, please include the position title and a county(s) that you would like to be considered for.
Resume and all associated application documents shall be provided as a single attachment in and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work.
Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted in the base location of the position.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. EOE