AFEX, a Lonrho company, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors, in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery, combined with 30 years of regional operational experience.
The AFEX Team is dedicated to ensuring clients have peace of mind that their projects will run on schedule and to budget, with their personnel being cared for to a high international standard.
AFEX wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position:
Job Summary: The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the day to day safe and efficient running of all general maintenance functions; construction, plumbing, carpentry, repair and maintenance of structures and related physical facilities within AFEX premises and perform related work as required.
To assist with setting up and maintaining the General preventative maintenance system on Agility, assigning tasks and ensuring their completion within the Maintenance team.
- Work together with department staff and employees to provide an efficient maintenance service.
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees; supervising sub-contractors as necessary and working with the General Manager to ensure sub-contractor work completed as contracted.
- Meets construction and maintenance work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems and identifying work process improvements.
- Create and maintain the general preventative maintenance plan, working with Agility to track and monitor tasks.
- Ensure PMP tasks are completed in a timely manner by confirming instructions for carpentry, plumbing, electrical, concrete, painting, and related trades; conducting inspections, approving work and ensuring completion of tasks.
- Register, track, and respond to any reactive maintenance issues.
- Regularly inspect the Camp to identify any reactive maintenance works to be done.
- Approves construction & maintenance work by conducting inspections.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and AFEX QHSE Work Instructions and SOPs, assisting with JSAs and method statements where necessary
- Ensure that all laborer’s work in a safe and secure manner following AFEX guidelines.
- Conduct daily toolbox talks and direct the daily activities of the maintenance team
- Oversee tools and material inventory with the site Maintenance store man.
- Work with the Maintenance Store man to manage new orders, ensuring spares and maintenance stock are kept at a satisfactory level.
- Bring any issues to the attention of the General Manager immediately.
- Ensure cost efficient use of department materials and equipment.
- Ensure that any work is done in line with AFEX’s Health and Safety guidelines.
- Must always, as far as is practicable, work with a ‘buddy’ in case of an incident.
- Must be aware of the dangers and risks specific to trade.
- Must be aware of what PPE is appropriate for the tasks being undertaken.
- Must be aware of the correct methods of manual handling, and risks of lifting heavy loads.
- Must be aware of the risks of working at heights including work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs.
- Must be aware of the risks of working in enclosed/confined spaces, including trenches and tanks.
- Must be aware of the fire risks and what action to take in the event of a fire.
- Must be aware of when a permit to work if required for certain tasks.
- Must be aware of when Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedure must be followed.
- Safely cordon off area of work from public before commencement of works.
- Safely clear worksite of items and obstructions on completion of task.
- To understand the AFEX requirement for QHSE in the workplace including employee and team responsibilities, to ensure continuous adherence to QHSE policies, procedures and work instructions and to proactively promote a quality, health and safety approach in all areas of your work.
Skills & Competencies;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy
- Able to work with power tools
- A good team leader
Minimum Qualifications / Trade Specific Requirements:
- A diploma in a relevant field
- A degree will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience working on a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of Agility
- Good at project management and able to plan ahead and follow up tasks
- Clear focus on Quality
- Developing standards
- Some knowledge of supply management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to use computer programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Willingness to work in South Sudan
- Delivering accurate and timely results.
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the above requirements should send their applications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full details of their qualifications, experience and full contact address including day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and contact details of three referees by 13th April 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.