Welthungerhilfe / German Agro Action is an International NGO implementing different projects in various Counties of Kenya and is currently looking for qualified personnel to fill the positions of Agricultural Field Officers for a fixed term period to be at our Western Region Offices (Kakamega, Siaya and Bungoma Counties)
To qualify as an Agricultural Field Officer, the candidate must possess the following: –
- Minimum university degree or college diploma in General Agriculture / Agricultural Education and extension or related fields.
- At least 2 and 3 years of professional work experience for bachelor degree and diploma respectively in a similar position (proven project expertise on topics related to soil health) in an NGO set up.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Swahili and a native language of the preferred county
- Good community mobilization and facilitation skills
- Knowledgeable on participatory methodologies
- Good M&E knowledge and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude and flexibility with changing circumstances
- Previous experience in working with counties and similar scope of work.
- In-depth understanding of rural development
- Ability to conduct educational trainings that provide farmers with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit by email a one-page motivation letter, indicating the title of position applied for, expected remuneration, availability, preferred county and native language skill, detailed CV highlighting own skills and achievements, and contact details of three referees (who must be from previous employment), not later than 26th March 2018
The Human Resources Manager,
Welthungerhilfe / German Agro Action,
P.O Box 38829-00623
N/B Availability for both positions should be immediate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||