Job Vacancy: Assistant Manager, Commercial Finance
Job Ref: BL20318
Temp Position: 6 to 8 Months
Salary: 120, 000 – 140, 000
Our client, a multi-national consumer goods company is looking to recruit an Assistant Manager – Commercial Finance.
This is a temporary position lasting 6 to 8 months with a possibility of extension to fulltime and permanent.
- Qualified Accountant or professional certification in Finance/Accounting.
- 2-4 years of industry experience; Strong analytical skills, Track record of delivery, goal oriented, sets clear priorities and meets deadlines.
- Good planning and organizational ability.
- Ability to work in team and drive team accountability.
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting by Business Unit (Health and Hygiene & Home) for Domestic (Kenya and Rwanda) and Export Markets (Uganda, Tanzania and DRC) including P&L preparation and analysis of the different P&L Lines to drive business outperformance.
- Drive the Pre-Flash (Pre-month P&L Forecast) / Flash (Post-month end P&L Forecast) process by getting input from relevant functions e.g. Supply and Sales to enable by BU forecast for Domestic and Export Markets.
- Lead the month closing activities including reconciliation of key accounts on a monthly basis e.g. Gross Sales to Subsidiary Ledger, TS (TSM to JDE) and Marketing (RBSM to JDE).
- Monthly analysis of TB to identify unusual or incorrect postings.
- Delivery of monthly reporting requirements for Region and Area by completion of Monthly Financial Deck consisting of P&L by BU for Domestic and Export, Gross Margin Variance Analysis (by Brand, By BU, by Domestic / Export), IMS to NR (by Brand, By BU, by Domestic / Export), DB Stocks (by Brand, By BU, by Domestic / Export), Brand P&Ls (for Domestic and Export) etc with insightful commentary through coordination with Commercial Team.
- Preparation of Regional / Area decks for Business Review
- Reporting of monthly International Deck for Export Markets
- Other activities related to monthly reporting and analysis.
- Ensure compliance of commercial policy and implementation of the same across the organization. Train the commercial team on key areas of policy and guide them in wake of complex business transactions.
What will you gain?
This role is the stepping stone into future leadership roles in finance vertical and will test both the individual brilliance of the individual as well team management skills. There will be a small team of executives reporting into this role.
A breadth of exposure into all the commercial functions in a country – Financial Planning, Sales and Marketing partnering, etc.
Budgeting and Control experience at a wider scale.
Stakeholder management and driving accountability.
Understanding of key controls in the commercial processes- risk assessment and mitigation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews