Job Vacancy: Assistant Procurement Officer
At Masaba Services we pride in offering customers with services that they can rely on for stable network operations.
We ensure our teams follow best practices in project implementation and strive to meet this quality services in time
Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Procurement officer will include:
- Devise, employ fruitful supplier sourcing strategies and maintain supplier database.
- Liaise with key company employees to determine their product and service needs.
- Discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships.
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best prices for company goods without sacrificing quality and delivery times.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and or materials and services.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts with suppliers and nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate best prices.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Anticipate unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- Maintain all the records of customer and company property in the store.
- Responsible for safe custody of stored product.
- Research on new products to meet company goals.
- Assess the total cost of company purchases.
- Issue store requisitions requests to the Technicians and Engineers against appropriately approved requisitions.
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing and distributing stock and maintaining the stock levels.
- Generating stock report and advising teams on what is available in the store.
- Initiate purchase requisitions as per procurement procedures.
- Update inventory records in the finance.
- Carry out ANY OTHER related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
- Be a people person
- Good at networking
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Data analysis skills
- Good Organizational skills
- Good business instincts
- Be a good negotiator
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Public or Business Administration, or related field.
- Two (2) years of fulltime professional-level experience involving the acquisition of equipment, supplies, commodities, or services for a government agency or private company with a substantial purchasing program involving a competitive bidding and negotiation process.
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
To be considered your application must submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and be copied to email@example.com to be received by 5th March, 2018 and addressed to: Human Resource.
The subject head should read position applied for.