ATTACH Study (Adolescent Transition to Adult Care for HIV-infected Adolescents in Kenya)
Summary: This study is being conducted by University of Nairobi and University of Washington.
The study aims to evaluate rates and co-factors of effective transition from pediatric to adult clinical care for HIV-infected adolescents; and to adapt, implement, and evaluate an Adolescent Transition Package in Kenya.
The overall study aims are:
- Aim 1: To estimate prevalence of transition, age at transition and individual level co-factors of effective transition from pediatric to adult HIV care among 10-24 year olds
- Aim 2: To develop, adapt and optimize an Adolescent Transition Package for Kenyan HIV clinics based on adolescent, caregiver, and pediatric and adult provider perspectives
- Aim 3: To evaluate an Adolescent Transition Package in a cluster randomized trial of 20 clinics
Position: Qualitative Interviewer Consultants
Summary: We are seeking one individual for the position of Qualitative Interviewer to help with the development portion of Aim 2 for the ATTACH Study. The Qualitative Interviewer will be responsible for conducting in-depth interviews (IDIs) with healthcare providers and focus group discussion with HIV-infected adolescents and young adults (AYA) and their primary caregivers.
These IDIs and FGDs will explore preferences and experiences with adolescent transition to adult clinical care, identifying the major challenges with transition (from adolescent, caregiver and healthcare worker perspectives) and what tools/interventions can help address these challenges. Activities will take place at 5 health clinics in Kenya.
We anticipate spending up to 3 weeks per clinic site to collect from each site. The interviewer will travel to 2 or 3 of the 5 sites and will be paired with another study interviewer. Each site will need to have 4 FGDs with adolescents, 2 FGDs with caregivers, 6-10 IDIs with HCWs conducted.
- Public health or social science degree
- Experience conducting IDIs and FGDs on sensitive health issues (HIV focused work preferred)
- Experience building rapport with adolescents and young adults
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Work with study coordinator and routine clinical staff to schedule appointments for IDIs and FGDs with adolescents, caregivers and healthcare workers
- Consent adolescents, caregivers, and healthcare workers
- Conduct quantitative survey to obtain demographic information
- Conduct IDIs and FGDs
- Translate IDIs/FGDs into English and transcribe them into a Microsoft Word Document
- Securely transfer and store digital recordings and IDI/FGD transcripts
- Write memos (Debrief reports) summarizing content of IDIs and FGDs
- Communicate frequently with the Seattle and Nairobi study team, including frequent email and Skype communication
- Any other duties assigned
Duration of Employment: This contract will be for approximately 2 months, or as long as is required to complete the total number of desired IDIs and FGDs
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV, Academic certificates and a cover letter detailing why they are the best candidates for the positions, expected salary and include daytime telephone contacts and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 31st March 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||