Terms of Reference – GIZ GIAE Baseline Survey
Position: Baseline Survey Field Enumerators
Reports To: Field Supervisors
Location: Western Kenya – Siaya / Bugoma / Kakamega
Timeframe: March to April, 2018
Background: The German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has initiated the special initiative “One World, no Hunger” to improve the income and food and nutrition security of households in a number of emerging and developing countries.
Under this umbrella, the program “Innovation centers for the agriculture and food sector” (GIAE) is currently implemented by GIZ in 14 countries with the aim to raise income and employment and improve food security.
Sustainet Group a regional consulting company has been sub contracted by GFA to implement the household baseline survey for GIZ program that targets to gather socio – economic data from smallholder farmers, as well as upstream and downstream businesses we, therefore, seek to recruit Twelve (12) Field Enumerators to provide data collection using the Mobile Data Collection System for the study, as follows:
- Participate in the training workshop for five (5) days in Kisumu
- Dedicated 1 enumerator collect to upstream/downstream business interviews and 11 to undertake HH surveys
- Collect at least two (2) questionnaires per day
- Interviews to take about 2-3 hours per day
- Support in the search for suitable participants for the focus group discussions
- Assist in identifying and setting up simple meeting points for the FGD meetings on the local level
- Accurately capture and record data from the HH’s survey
- Follow clear standards set as per the interviewer’s guideline handbook and comply with all the requirements necessary for conducting a successful interviews
- Perform other tasks and duties assigned for the successful implementation of the study
- Spend 100% of the time in the field together with the coordination team
- Ensure adherence to the Code of Conduct for Enumerators
- 11HH questionnaires submitted per day
- 1 upstream and downstream business questionnaire submitted per day
- A total of 500HH collected and submitted at the end of the assignment
- Daily and weekly update briefs to the Supervisors
- Advanced level certificate (university education desired)
- Strong data collection and data analysis skills
- Computer/mobile application experience
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player
- Previous experience with survey-based work as an enumerator an advantage
- Kenyan national with proficiency in English and Kiswahili, both written and spoken, and local languages in the targeted counties.
- Resident of either Siaya, Bungoma, Kakamega and Vihiga would be an added advantage
Interested persons should forward their applications with Curriculum Vitae, Educational Certificates and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 9th March 2018.
Applicants should send a detailed cover letter on their suitability for this position, indicate salary expectation and put “Baseline Survey Field Enumerators” on their application letters and email subject.
If you have not heard from us by 30th March 2018 days consider your application having not been successful.