Terms of Reference – GIZ GIAE Baseline Survey
Position: Baseline Survey Field Supervisor
Reports To: National Expert
Location: Western Kenya – Siaya / Bugoma / Kakamega
Timeframe: March to April, 2018
Background: The German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has initiated the special initiative “One World, no Hunger” to improve the income and food and nutrition security of households in a number of emerging and developing countries.
Under this umbrella, the program “Innovation centers for the agriculture and food sector” (GIAE) is currently implemented by GIZ in 14 countries with the aim to raise income and employment and improve food security.
Sustainet Group a regional consulting company has been sub contracted by GFA to implement the household baseline survey for GIZ program that targets to gather socio – economic data from smallholder farmers, as well as upstream and downstream businesses we, therefore, seek to recruit Two (2) Field Supervisors to provide logistical organization and coordination of the study, both before and during fieldwork, and will implement the following tasks:
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of 6 enumerators
- Supervise data collection and data clean-up of up to 250HHs
- Coordinate up to 5 focus group discussion in 3 counties of Bungoma, Siaya and Kakamega as advised by the National expert
- Participate in the training workshop for five (5) days in Kisumu
- Supervise data collection and data clean-up of up to 25 of the upstream and downstream businesses
- Debrief the National Expert on presentation of data and results on a daily basis
- Provide weekly survey status reports on the progress of the work plan
- Perform other tasks and duties assigned for the successful implementation of the study
- Responsible for the overall professional conduct of all the enumerators under supervision
- Spend 100% of the time in the field together with the survey team.
- 12HH datasets cleaned up per day
- 1 upstream and downstream business dataset cleaned up per day
- A total of 250HH cleaned up dataset submitted at the end of the assignment
- Daily and weekly update briefs to the National expert
- A minimum of diploma in community development and any other relevant discipline.
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative surveys and familiarity with agricultural production systems.
- Practical experience in baseline survey studies would be added advantage.
- Kenyan national with proficiency in English and Kiswahili, both written and spoken
- Computer/mobile application experience
- Supervisory and management experience would be added advantage.
- Resident of either Siaya, Bungoma, Kakamega and Vihiga would be added advantage Application procedures
Interested persons should forward their applications with Curriculum Vitae, Educational Certificates and transcripts to email@example.com on or before 9th March 2018.
Applicants should send a detailed cover letter on their suitability for this position, indicate salary expectation and put “Baseline Survey Field Supervisor” on their application letters and email subject.
If you have not heard from us by 30th March 2018 days consider your application having not been successful.