Bayer Pharmaceutical, a division of Bayer East Africa Ltd, is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies worldwide with research and business activities focusing on; Diagnostic Imaging, General Medicine, Specialty Medicine and Women’s Healthcare.
To maximise our commitment to sustainable medical health development, provide innovative products, medical solutions and stewardship through product program, we seek to recruit qualified and result oriented individual to fill the following position:
Ref No. 2018/HR/PH-006
Reporting to the Field Force Manager- Cardiology, the Medical Representative will be responsible for Cardiovascular Diseases (CVD) portfolio personal sales targets in defined territory within Kenya.
He/she will be responsible for CVD business development in part of Nairobi and the whole of Coastal region.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for sales results in own territory
- Establishes and builds strong client relationships that allow for continuity and ongoing representation
- Monitors competitive activity and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated
- Plans and executes meetings with HOPs, assess customer needs, present suitable promoted products and keeping detailed records of all contacts.
- Making presentations to HOPs in medical settings during the day, but also in local hotel/conference or other appropriate place after regular working hours of HOPs.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, monthly work plans, monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Identifies business opportunities in the assigned territory and feeds to upper management
- Keeping up to date with the latest clinical data/product information supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations/calls
- Must follow local Compliance code and local laws
Qualification & Experience
- A degree or a diploma in either Pharmacy, Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing or any biological Sciences qualifications from a recognized educational institution.
- A Pharmaceuticals Representative license from Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya
- Three years’ experience ¡n Pharmaceuticals sales (experience in Cardiology will be an added advantage)
- Proven track record of achievement of sales targets, strong ability of territory planning and management and findings news ways to improve sales execution.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team.
- Ability to relate well with people at different levels of authority / stakeholders
- Familiar to work in multi-national pharmaceutical related industry.
- Strong communication skills. Good command of spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Timely, effective and proactive response to problems and issues
- Experience working in various parts of Kenya will be an added advantage
- A valid driving license.
Competencies: Strong Customer Focus, Drives results, Instills Trust, Self-Development, Plans and Aligns.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees including daytime contact not later than 3rd April, 2018 to email@example.com
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. .