Vacant Position: Boiler Operator
This position will be reporting to the Supervisor
We are looking for reliable boiler operator whose main role is to provide skilled work in the installation, repair, operation, and maintenance of boilers at the company factory by offering
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates boilers/other machines in the plant.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and makes repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings.
- Attains efficiency by adjusting, reading, and interpreting gauges, indicators and meters
- Maintains basic records as required during operations
- Makes regular checks of machines to ensure they are operating well
- Reports any problem with the machines to the relevant person for necessary action
- Maintain site tidiness and general good housekeeping throughout the plant
- Ensures compliance with Health and Safety procedures
- Performs a wide variety of preventive maintenance as required within the standard operating procedures of the maintenance service.
- Determines needs and associated requirements for boiler/steam system parts and supplies.
- Samples and treats water systems.
- Performs general water treatment activities such as; water conductivity analysis, boiler chemical preparation, and water treatment system monitoring.
- Ensures correct air fuel ratio of boiler while it is running.
- Ensures adequate boiler blow down depending on TDS levels.
- Prepares the boilers for quarterly and annual services
- Prepares the boilers for statutory annual inspections.
- Takes and keep hourly logging of boiler running parameters.
- Ensures correct and adequate steam supply and hot water to end user.
- Daily stock taking of boiler firing furnace fuel.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum Certificate level qualification in Boiler Operations
- A diploma in electrical or mechanical plant operations is an added advantage.
- Eager to learn and quick to understand new operations
- Can work with minimum supervision
How to Apply
Send your applications to email@example.com by 6th April, 2018.
Indicate the position title in the email subject
Career Management Centre is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate the Interviewee on the basis of race, Gender, Sex and religious affiliation.
Career Management Centre does not charge candidates for job placement