Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC), a Parastatal in the Agricultural Sector seeks dynamic and result oriented persons to fill the following positions its establishment
Research Officer (Breeding)
Scope: Reporting to the Senior Research Officer, the person shall be responsible for establishing field trials, analyse and interpret research data.
The person shall also spearhead all research assignments in the Region.
Qualification and Key Competencies:
- Age 30 – 40 years
- Bsc Degree in any of the following: Agriculture/Crop Science/Biotechnology/Seed Science Technology.
- Msc in Agronomy or Plant breeding is an added advantage.
- Should have a minimum of 5 years hands-on work experience in research environment.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in Breeding techniques as PCR.
- Conversant with statistical package Genstat, SAS.
- Certificate in Modern Biotechnology tools (added advantage)
Key result areas:
- Establishing field trials, analyse and interpret research data.
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders in Plant breeding.
- Advise the management on weed, pest and disease control and suitability of soils.
- Developing and registering new plant varieties (potatoes).
- Strategically establish plant breeding, potato programe to ensure that high quality planting materials are available in sufficient quantities at all times.
- Managing patent process for new introductions.
- Carry out periodic pest and disease surveillance in liaison with the relevant institutions and give recommendations on control measures.
- Analyse the production yield data and advise management appropriately.
- Field Monitoring and advise farms on good agricultural practices.
- Co-ordinate with research institutions on matters of research findings and translating the findings into actionable programmes.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Interested candidates should apply, quoting the position reference number, attach certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed resume giving day time telephone contact, e-mail address, names and contacts of three (3) referees, expected salary on or before 3rd April, 2018 to:-
The Managing Director
Agricultural Development Corporation
P.O. Box 47101-00100
or drop at Development House, 10th floor
ADC is an equal opportunity employer.
Women , People with Disabilities and people from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||