Job Title: Business Analyst – AppSheet
Job Industry: Renewable Energy
Reporting: Head of Management Information Systems (MIS)
Gross Salary: 250K – 300k
Our client is a neutral distributor of a wide range of solar products.
They seek to hire a dynamic and competent individual to fill in the position of Business Analyst.
Business Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Document user information on existing & new business requirements, rules & processes to be used for building new apps, training & operating manuals.
- Facilitating discussions with relevant parties on business process improvements & advising on possible solutions
- Work with users, management & external consultants to design optimal workflows, data structures and Apps.
- Clearly document Product Backlog items to be developed.
- Prioritise the product backlog to best achieve company goals and missions; Facilitate discussions with users and management to prioritise, Coordinate team activities & manage timelines, Effective stakeholder engagement to keep work on track
- Communicating timeously on progress and to flag any material issues.
- Ensuring that the full team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed and that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all.
- Building new Apps and enhancing existing apps within the AppSheet environment.
- Working with management and/or external consultants on any database changes and system integrations, where needed.
- Test app enhancements, new apps and integrations to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Provide support & training on the tools, technologies and systems used by the company
- Monitor data accuracy and initiate corrections with relevant business owners, as needed.
- Write SQL queries to extract needed information.
- Design & build management information dashboards and/or reports from time to time, using tools such as Google Data Studio, Google Sheets, MSExcel.
- Document existing & new information outputs. Create ‘how-to’ guides – explaining how they work and the methods for generating them
Qualifications for the Business Analyst Job
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field preferred A CPA(K) holder
- 4-5 years’ experience as a product owner, business analyst, or related role
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Certification for Product Ownership or general Agile methodology preferred but not required.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Highly skilled in Google Apps (Google Sheets, Docs, Data Studio, etc.).
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Working knowledge of programming.
- Working knowledge of MySQL (ability to write basic SQL statements & clauses).
- Excellent data wrangler (able to quickly clean & organize a data set)
- Highly organized with some experience coordinating and/or managing projects preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in Swahili not essential, but an advantage.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with multiple and diverse teams – in-house and remote; internal and external – and able to build strong interpersonal relationships.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Business Analyst – AppSheet) to email@example.com on or before Saturday 17th March 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.