Job Vacancy: Project Manager
Job Location: Coast Region
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of this project is to assist 2,430 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
Purpose of the position: Successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling of the project.
Planning Project Resources:
- Define and clarify project scope
- Develop the project plan
- Develop the project schedule
- Develop policies and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives that aligns with the organization’s overall business strategy
- Determine the organizational structure of the project team
- Identify roles and positions
- Identify services to be provided by external companies
- Staff project positions
- Setting team direction
- Coordinating activities across different organizational functions
- Motivating team members
- Assigning work
- The project manager must also define, schedule and accurately estimate the task duration to develop and maintain a realistic schedule.
- To make sure a project is progressing as planned, by constantly measuring it and comparing those metrics against the plan created.
Reporting and Documentation of the programs progress.
Any other duty assigned.
Education and Experience
- Masters degree in Project management
- Over 4 (four) years lead role experience in project management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management
- Management and Leadership Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Organizational skills including attention to details and multi-tasking skills.
Technical knowledge, skills and competencies
- Ability to write narrative and analytical spread sheet reports;
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access or related programs required;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Spoken and written fluency in English desired
- Customer service skills
- Ability to interact positively with management, and other employees, to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- At least 3-4 years of relevant and progressive work experience gained working in large training/Nonprofit organizations
- Integrity and professionalism
- Time management skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Decision making and leadership skills
How to Apply
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2018
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Indicate current and expected salary on the cover letter
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.