Our client, a Construction company is urgently looking for an Accountant to join their dedicated team.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Key functions will include:
- Budgeting and cost management
- Monthly Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of financial statements; cash flow, ledgers, P&L and balance sheet, Debtors and creditors statements
- Advise management on financial position of the company
- Advise management on company’s tax obligations
- Preparation and approval of statutory payments ; NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, VAT, WT
- Follow on tax compliance
- Stock accounting and tracking
- Check on all accounting activities to be as per standard operating policies and procedures
- Track petty cash usage
- Tracking all payables and receivables
- Payables – Suppliers of Construction materials, Fuel, Spare Parts & Repairs, Outsourced HR services, External Auditors, Business licenses and Permits, Taxes, Salaries, Payment of casuals at sites, etc
- Receivables – Quarry sales, IPCs, Sub contracts etc
- Track vehicle maintenance or spare parts purchase
- Ensure proper filing of all accounting documents and records
- Other related tasks as assigned from time to time
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Commerce and majoring in Accounting / Finance option.
- Must be CPA (K) / ACCA Finalist.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Accounts
- Previous construction experience would be an added advantage.
If qualified kindly send your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘construction Accountant’ on the subject line by 30th March 2018