Job Vacancy: Project and Business Development Officer
Our client is a well-established construction firm who have been in existence for over a decade. They have built a reputation as a preferred service provider in general construction, maintenance and fit outs. All in an environment of innovation, creativity and focus on customer satisfaction.
The client is seeking a highly motivated individual to join their rapidly growing team of experts in the position of Project and Business development Officer.
Brief: The Project Officer will be the key account manager for the projects s/he is assigned. The role involves Project Planning; Project Management, Supplier / Subcontractor Liaison and New Business Development.
- Visit site and identify scope of work and prepare quotation;
- Prepare project plans detailing the steps required;
- Calculate material costs and personnel needed to complete the project;
- Prepare project timelines to indicate when each stage must be completed;
- Interview and select all personnel to work on the site;
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses;
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans using computers;
- Effectively plan and allocate required resources to achieve the set objectives.
- Explain worksite policy, project goals/milestones and safety procedures to workers;
- Organize work activities and meet with Supervisors to review project goals/milestones and progress to ensure timelines are being met;
- Prepare reports for Directors or Clients indicating cost overruns, workplace injuries or the causes of project/construction delays;
- Work within the set key performance indicators;
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports;
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents to the Head of Projects;
- Undertake client presentations.
Supplier / Subcontractor Liaison
- Negotiate with vendors and suppliers to obtain the best pricing and delivery schedule.
- Responsible for selecting subcontractors (if needed) from pre-existing panel and negotiating the terms of their contracts in liaison with Procurement Department
New Business Development
- Develop a Business Development plan to drive business growth;
- Identify tendering opportunities and ensure timely and accurate submission of bids;
- Prepare monthly Business pipeline clearly showing timelines for closure;
- Grow business from existing customers
- At least a Degree in a construction related field, preferably Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Good command of project management and mastery of MS Projects
- Understanding of ArchiCad
- Has worked with an ERP
- A motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Flexible to understand people’s point of view as well as demonstrate willingness to change ideas or perceptions.
- Must be proactive and a team leader.
- Should possess good leadership, communication and problem solving skills
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications to email@example.com by 09th March 2018.
Please indicate your current and expected salary.