The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
The Commission seeks to recruit an experienced, qualified and competent person to fill the following position:
Stakeholder Management Department
Deputy Director, Stakeholder Management
Scale: CRA 3
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer the position holder shall play an integral role in developing and implementing the Commission’s stakeholder mapping, stakeholder engagement plan, and shall be charged with relationship management undertaking to ensure that the Commission establishes and maintains essential strategic partnerships.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and participate in development of the Commission, stakeholder Engagement strategy.
- Establish stakeholder inhouse support processes and structures.
- Carry out a stakeholder needs assessment and continuously monitor their needs.
- Maintain relations and networks with government regulators, investors, policy makers, community stakeholders and key decision makers.
- Seek and pursue opportunities for the Commission to network across the relevant sectors.
- Integrate and align external stakeholder programs and coordinate the implementation of relevant plans.
- Develop a clear, strong and presence among all key stakeholders.
- Ensure that CRA is accurately promoted across all key stakeholder groups.
- Networking with stakeholders to gather direction of their policies and work, so as to feed into CRA work.
- Work with Manager of Communication to develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns with an aim of building a positive image of the Commission.
- Identify opportunities for stakeholder events while ensuring participation by representatives of relevant departments within the Commission.
- Design methods of monitoring stakeholder perceptions and experiences with the Commission.
- Draft departmental budgets for approval by the relevant Commission Committee.
- Regularly review departmental budget for adoption by the Commission.
- A Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Mass Communications, Marketing or Social Sciences.
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in a reputable Organization with five (5) of these in top managerial position.
- Experience in working in a policy environment.
- Proven experience in fostering and managing stakeholder relations.
- Experience in executing across several media platforms.
- Experiencing in engaging donors and development partners.
- In depth knowledge of national and county governments and parliamentary procedures;
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrable ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through teamwork.
- Organising of public forums, conferences and events Management.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Result oriented and ability to work under pressure.
- Be a person of integrity and effective interpersonal skills.
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials.
You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday 29th March 2018 at 5.00 pm. as follows: APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive Grosvenor Block
P.O. Box 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer