Job Vacancy: Business Development Officer
Job Location: Nairobi
Our client is a Christian-based Africa-wide agri-market development agency specialized in value chain analysis, profitable smallholder commercialization and market access, they have an online trading platform that connects buyers and sellers in different categories, is seeking to recruit a Business Development Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Collaborating with sales and leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts.
- Developing customized targeted sales strategies.
- Creating informative presentations; Presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients.
- Maintaining short- and long-term business development plans.
- Maintaining database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information.
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support.
- Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources.
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Closing sales and working with client through closing process.
- Meeting all quotas for cold, active, inactive calls, appointments, and interviews.
- Maintaining a pipeline of all sales administration using CRM software.
- Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Build awareness and recognition of products to help create promotional and sales materials for clients and the public.
- Analyzing the market to understand competition and measure the need for a specific product.
- Assessing company objectives and current sales trends to recognize new business opportunities and growth potential.
Qualification and Experience
- Advanced Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, IT or an equivalent certification.
- Knowledge in Marketing or Business Administration, with exposure to E-Commerce and other IT related innovation Business Development Services.
- 4-5 Years Industry experience, with preference to online trading platforms or E-Commerce setting.
- Have strong communication skills, sales presentation, management and leadership skills, goal-oriented, flexible and creative under pressure.
- Knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms.
- Internet skills and MUST be a tech savvy.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 15th March, 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.