Job Vacancy: Accounts Assistant
Company Profile: The objective of Dodore Kenya Ltd is to support program development and its implementation. We are in the frontline of creating integrated mobile solutions for fundamental social and economic development. We use mobile technology in many ways to make results available real-time and our work transparent to our partners.
Dodore employs very experienced team that coordinates research, pilot and project implementation, data collection, analysis and reporting. In addition, we support our clients in program implementation in a variety of different kind of programs.
Many of the programs we are implementing concern the use of mobile payment system to improve quality of life, in the domain of Health and Agriculture amongst others.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, The Accounts Assistant is responsible for processing petty cash, book keeping, supporting finance team with reporting & documentation and providing administrative support.
Accounting Duties and Responsibilities
- Petty cash management / cash requests
- Book keeping
- Posting data into quick books; Mpesa and petty cash transactions.
- Maintains functional contact with the CFO and has regular contact with department managers and staff within Dodore Kenya.
- Filing financial documents.
- Overseeing general smooth running of the office by ensuring enough supply of stationery, office supplies and daily supply of newspapers.
- Stock taking of office supplies and stationery.
- Inventory/Asset management; assigning numbers and updating the list regularly
- Preparing and making monthly statutory payments
- Reconciliation of finance accounts
- Carrying out administrative roles as assigned by CFO
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum CPA Section II or equivalent
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy accounting exposure
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Must have good problem solving skills
- Must be conversant with Accounting packages
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Must have a good understanding of financial concepts and pay keen attention to details.
- Good organizational & administrative skills
- Sense of initiative
- Being discreet and able to handle confidential matters
- Contract duration; 1 year
- Job Type; Full Time
- Gross salary; Between Kes. 35 ,000.00 – 45,000.00 per month
- The gross salary is dependent on one’s level of expertise
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org i.e. convert both the cover letter and Resume to PDF and merge as one PDF file
Strictly apply mentioning your name and position being applied for in the subject of your email
Deadline for application is on 26th March, 2018.
For more information visit our website on; www.dodore.co.ke