Dynasoft Business Solutions Ltd
Job Vacancy: System Developer
Dynasoft Business Solutions Ltd is a Microsoft Certified Partner company that is based in Nairobi, Kenya with a client base that spans across different industries.
The Company, incorporated under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya in 2009, is a leading information system solutions provider that seeks to automate and extend the deployment of business solutions that align ICT with the customer’s business strategy.
By streamlining the design and deployment of new systems and by automating operational processes, Dynasoft enables organizations to reduce operating costs and realize the business value from their technology investments.
To enable clients, achieve cost and operational efficiencies, Dynasoft has an integrated service package that covers the implementation and deployment of ERP (Microsoft Dynamics NAV), CRM (Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Business Intelligence (PowerBI), Collaboration (Microsoft SharePoint), Mobility (Mobile Apps & Web Portals) and Microsoft cloud platform solutions (Microsoft O365 and Azure).
We have specialized in offering solutions in the following sectors:
a) Public Sector / Government
b) Insurance & Pension
c) Publishing services
d) Private security operations
e) Trade (Supply chain management)
f) Project-based ventures.
Job Summary: The System Developer will be responsible for providing technical expertise in all aspects of solution design, application development, integration and system upgrades that meet high quality standards and address unique client needs.
Reporting Line: This position reports directly to the Head of Technical Services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in requirements analysis (collaboration with the system implementers) to gain a better understanding of client needs.
- Verify database and data integrity.
- Handle system upgrades, patches and version control of all products.
- Implementation of system integration that ensure optimal system stability, performance and reliability.
- Testing software to ensure the code is correct, fixing (‘debugging’) errors where they occur, and rerunning and rechecking the programme until it produces the correct results (Fault finding, diagnosis and fixing of bugs).
- Working with trainers and system implementers to develop technical documentation and user manuals.
- Provide technical documentation of the system design & solution blueprints, data dictionary, database object structure, operating manuals and code documentation that meets industry best practices.
- Participate on IT project steering committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT software development projects.
- Conduct rigorous system testing in liaison with Quality Assurance and system implementers.
- Involved in product standardization and localisation (Vertical solutions by client, industry and markets)
- Handling user training and first level support for Dynasoft clients.
- Rapid implementation of product prototypes that may be required for presale demos or during UAT phases.
- Working closely with all project team members such as project managers, implementers, Quality Assurance, support team and Business Development etc.) to ensure successful closure of projects and assigned tasks.
- Assist system Implementers & business analysts during requirements analysis, system design and UAT (Testing the custom and standard solutions in controlled, real situations before going live) phases.
- Continuously researching on new/emerging technology solutions, product releases, upgrades, development platforms, support materials etc. to keep pace with technological changes and to ascertain on their practicality as a product, benefit and possible usage scenarios for Dynasoft and its clients (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics 365).
- Keep accurate records of the development process, changes and results.
- Implement product-based research and innovation based on feedback/market research from system implementers. Such innovation will allow for development of applications that meet industry best practices and technology trends (e.g. service – oriented architectures, web, app and cloud-based applications etc.)
- Handling system performance optimization by balancing hardware and application configurations.
- Working with the client technical lead such as ICT Manager to handle installation of the solution and configuration of user profiles & permissions. For complex installations & configurations, the developer may work with an infrastructure expert.
- Provide any required technical presales support to the Business development function including preparation and review of technical proposals, solution envisioning and demos.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time, including outside working hours, location and environment.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- At least two years’ experience as a System Developer in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science/IT/BBIT/Software Engineering)
- Possess relevant certification in Setup, Installation and Configuration of the standard solution/product.
- Ability to combine or specialize in at least two (2) development lines for example NAV & Mobile or CRM & Mobile.
- Possess relevant certification in a core functional area of the product they deal with (for example Finance/BI for NAV) but has full understanding of ALL the core modules of the standard solution.
- Mathematical aptitude and strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Must be a methodical and pragmatic problem-solver.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise software applications, databases, programming languages/platforms such as (C#, Java, .NET, web programming etc.)
- Passion with no “blood and sweat” struggles when handling solutions that require complex database relations, workflows, notifications, 3rd party integrations (e.g. SMS, Payment methods, BI, Portals, Apps etc.), trigger-based actions, error reporting, custom report presentations, navigation designs and query features.
- Excellent understanding and experience in SOA architectures, relational databases, network technologies (for example TCP/IP networking, SSL, Firewall, Proxy, Load Balancing), mobility technologies (apps, web portals, cloud platforms such as IAAS/PAAS/SAAS etc.) and middleware engineering technologies (e.g. IIS).
- Excellent understanding of the architecture of the standard solution/platform to be used and possess some high level functional knowledge of the solution to avoid duplication of effort and high licensing costs by virtue of trying to build functionality that could be addressed as a configuration item on the standard solution (Always focussing on simplicity when selecting solution approaches).
- Possess at least one entry-level software development certification and/or relevant training in solution development.
- Experience with SDLC development processes (Waterfall, Agile, Lean) and tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Rally, Git)
- Competent to work at a high technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- An understanding of the latest trends/emerging technologies (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics 365) and their effect on a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals in different roles
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure ICT consultancy environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours to meet tight client/project deadlines.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the required minimum qualifications should email their application comprising of Curriculum Vitae with at least three referees with their contact details and copies of academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is 26th March 2018.