Murang’a County Creameries Cooperative Union Limited is an umbrella Dairy cooperative Union, located in the County of Murang’a that deals in procuring, preservation, value addition, transportation and marketing of dairy products.
Job Title: Electrical Refrigeration Technician
Location: Murang’a County
Reports To: Operations Manager
Start Date: March 2018 (or as soon as possible).
Overall Purpose of the Job: To offer Refrigeration and Electrical technical support, geared to improving the efficiency of the Milk coolers while addressing emerging technical challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Scope of the technical knowhow;
- R 404A Refrigerant Compressor, Pump and Agitator,
- Cooler Control Panel, Water Bath and weighing scale machine.
- Backup generator and solar water heating system.
- General electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and servicing to increase the efficiency of the systems and components.
- Prompt response to all emergency mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- Perform diagnostic troubleshooting on malfunctioned systems or components to identify the problem.
- Perform repair works on the affected system or component to ensure functionality.
- Perform root cause analysis on the malfunctioned system or component to prevent reoccurrence.
- Advise the Management by; suggesting improved methods, system updates or new operational procedures that will improve the efficiency of the systems or components.
- Advises and train the cooler staff on preventive measure to mitigate unnecessary breakdowns, safety measure to eliminate occupational hazards and injuries and, critical emergency troubleshooting.
- Requisite and provide specifications for materials and spares parts required and, assists in verification once they are purchased/supplied.
- Undertake any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or
- Minimum Diploma in electrical Engineering.
- Proven 2 years’ experience in maintenance and repair of the refrigeration and electrical systems and components in a busy dairy industry.
- Valid motorbike riding license.
- Preferably a resident or from Murang’a County.
- Ability to work independently and deliver under pressure.
- A high level of integrity and reliability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
How to Apply:
You can send your cover letter and recent curriculum vitae to;
Human resource and administration Manager,
Murang’a County Creameries Cooperative Union Limited
P.O Box 38-10205 Maragua.
OR email email@example.com
OR hand deliver at our Maragua town offices (Next to Amica Savings and Credit)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 15nd March 2018