Viscar Industrial Capacity Limited a Knowledge based firm offering Training, Consultancy and Resourcing solutions in Engineering Technology seeks to recruit a creative and dynamic individual to fill the position of an Executive Assistant to the CEO.
The incumbent will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies in all matters pertaining to the CEO’s office, and as a liaison to the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itinerary, and agenda; and compile documents for travel-related meetings;
- Plan, coordinate and ensure that the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office;
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO;
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response;
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff;
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated;
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manage a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact;
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company;
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serve as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the Advisory Board of Directors;
- Assist Board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed; Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members;
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Managing Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings;
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings;
- Ensure that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO; Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
- Acts as a key enforcer of quality assurance both internally and externally on behalf of the CEO; Follow up on contacts made by the CEO and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships;
- Work with the Strategic Plan Champions to ensure that the 2016-2020 Strategic plan is being implemented on schedule.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field; have at least ten (10) years’ overall work experience with three (3) of these being in a similar role.
The candidate should have demonstrable computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, pdf applications and social media platforms.
The candidate should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application details at http://bit.ly/vicexecassistant not later than 30th March 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.