Fairview Hotel – A City Lodge Group Hotel
Vacant Position: Kitchen Administrator
Aim of the role: To assist the Executive Chef in all the Kitchen administrative duties.
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price.
- Ensure that information which is required to compile meaningful budgets is available at all times.
- Ensure that month end reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the use of casual labour is kept to a minimum, in line with payroll to sales and authorised by the General Manager.
- Ensure that all expenses are within budget limits.
- As instructed you may be required to assist with the completion of SLA documents which are completed with service providers on a monthly basis / other as stipulated.
- All employee disciplinary matters must be reported to the Executive Chef.
- Coordinate and communicate any new and emerging information between Banqueting and the kitchen to ensure excellent guest experience.
- Ensure that all required stock takes are conducted in line with audit requirements
- Ensure that all equipment is used, stored and maintained in line with operating procedures.
- To ensure that all areas under your control satisfy the most stringent hygiene requirements and that staff who are injured receive correct treatment and/or are not allowed to work.
- Contribute to and support the “I’m Kind” programme.
- Ensure that Duty Rosters are prepared and published by the 23rd of each month, the Duty Roster folder on K-Drive updated, and a copy sent to the GM.
- Ensure the continued training and development of self and all staff.
- Ensure that all food, beverage and vending is presented in line with hygiene requirements and to the highest standard at all times.
- Ensure that every guest receives exceptional service at all times.
- Ensure that the Leadership Drivers are observed in line with the vision of Fairview Hotel Limited.
- Attends all training sessions as scheduled.
Replacement and Temporary Mission
- May be assigned to perform reliever duties when colleagues are off duty.
Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment:
- These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualify to be interviewed.
Line of Reporting and Communication:
- Responsible To: Executive Chef
- Responsible For: Sous Chefs, Pastry Chefs, Commis Chefs and Demi Chefs, Butcher men,
- In Communication With: Housekeeper, Front Office Team and Banqueting.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- HACCP: Formal training in HACCP system will be an added advantage
- Level of Communication Skills: Must be in possession of good communication skills
- Level of Formal / Professional / Education & Training: A professional chef’s course. Secretarial course will be an added advantage
Please send a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and testimonials accompanied by a letter which sets out your interest in the post, and your suitability for it to:
Apply to: Human Resources
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date for Application: 16th March 2018