Centre for Health Solutions — Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS continues to grow as the preferred partner for health solutions by consistently focusing on the delivery of quality services and continuous improvement in a
transparent and accountable manner.
CHS is sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the following position:
Reference Number: 04/041/FO/2018
Based in Siaya, Kenya
Overall Job Function: Reporting administratively and functionally to the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will be responsible for the preparation of accurate financial transactions, monitoring budget vs actual and preparing various management reports for management on a monthly basis.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process payments and ensure that each payment/transaction is in compliance to CHS financial policies and procedures and to donor rules and regulations and that payments have been coded correctly posted into the General Ledger
- Ensure timely payment of statutory deductions and files tax returns with relevant authorities
- Payment of program advances to staff and follow up of the same to ensure that they are accounted for and subsequent updating in the accounting system
- Records all actual expenditures in CHS accounting system and ensures that reports produced from the accounting system reflect the true position as per the books
- Maintain an updated filing system for all financial documentation
- Facilitate transfer of funds to partners and ensure close monitoring of utilization of funds.
- Oversight responsibility of ensuring proper and secure filing of financial documents
- Has the responsibility of inputting payment data into the straight2bank payment system
- Ensuring that assets purchased are tagged with organization tags
- Maintain an up to date asset register and ensures maintenance and insurance of all assets
- Identify financial transactions that require VAT exemption and facilitate typing of DA1 forms for the said transactions
Qualification and Skills Required
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized University
- CPA (K) holder or its equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant work experience in an NGO
- Have demonstrated high understanding of finance and accounting matters
- Have rich experience in program and projects financial management
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the reference number and position title in the subject line by 5.00PM Friday, March 23, 2018.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
BEWARE: Please be advised that CHS is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity / offer that requires payment of any fees / money.