Job Vacancy: Financial Controller
We manufacture and distribute nutritional and other animal health products for both livestock and companion animals.
Our mission is to continuously strive to raise the standard for animal health and wellbeing and to optimise livestock production in Kenya. We develop thriving relationships built on trust and reliability through education, training and provision of quality products.
We are looking for an experienced financial controller, undertaking all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
As well as meeting the job-specific and professional requirements of the role, the applicant will be evaluated on their attitude and their fit with the company. We are looking for someone who will share our passion for what the company represents.
Our vision is to be Africa’s most effective, trusted and reliable partner for improving animal health and well-being. Behind this vision is the belief that we can make a dramatic impact on the quality of lives of thousands of farmers in the region.
Objective: You will be required to manage all finance and accounting operations. This will include meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements, directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and reporting variances, and preparing monthly financial statements.
Management and Control
- You will oversee the personnel and operations of the accounting staff as well as outsourced activities.
- You will manage the personnel in the accounting department
- You will conduct regular performance reviews and set quarterly team and individual targets
- Assess individual training and development needs
- Ensure routine accounting tasks are carried out smoothly
- Manage projects and communication using the standard company tools
- Oversee the accounting operations of any subsidiary or related companies
- Maintain a system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the activities of any supplier functions
- Coordinate the creation of an annual budget and test it for achievability
- Calculate variances between the actual and budgeted results and report the reasons for the variances to management.
- You will ensure that your team processes all transactions correctly, this includes supplier invoices, billing to customers, payroll and cash receipts and disbursements.
- You will also ensure that proper controls are in place to ensure transactions are properly processed, recorded and archived.
- Issue invoices to customers when goods have been sold and ensure there are adequate stocks in inventory.
- Collect accounts receivable promptly and ensure proper management of debtors.
- Record and deposit cash receipts promptly.
- Process payroll information with the minimal of errors and issue compensation payments to employees by scheduled pay dates
- Ensure that supplier invoices are paid and properly recorded for tax purposes on the designated date. Where it benefits the company and where possible take advantage of early payment discounts.
- Make scheduled debt payments as needed.
Controls and Systems
- Maintain a comprehensive system of controls over all accounting functions.
- Maintain a chart of accounts that fulfils the record keeping needs of the business.
- Complete bank reconciliations for all bank accounts at regular intervals
- Maintain an orderly filing system for all paper-based accounting records including a system of document archiving and document destruction.
- Maintain and operate an adequate accounting package.
Reporting and Compliance
You will ensure that management reporting and financial analysis for the Senior Management team out in an accurate and timely manner. You will also ensure that the company complies with Government reports, debt covenants and accounting standards
- Compile and issue accurate financial statements on a timely basis
- Measure the financial and operational performance of the business and report this information in ongoing reports
- Where necessary, use data analytic techniques, including dashboard and data visualisation to present complex data sets.
- Prepare financial analysis for the Senior Management Team
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s annual report
- Provide information needed by outside auditors to examine the company’s financial statements and accounting system
- Manage all KRA and Government enquiries or investigations into our accounts.
- Comply with all tax filing, VAT and reporting payments requirements
- Monitor the company’s compliance with debt covenants and warn management of any breaches
- Comply with GAAP and other relevant standards
Reports to: CFO / CEO
Supervises: Accounts Supervisor (and accounting team)
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Sound management skills
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online