Our client is a fund manager focused on making direct investments in entrepreneurial driven businesses with potential for substantial growth in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Accounts and Admin Officer
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts and Admin Officer will be responsible for effective book keeping and overseeing the office administration function.
1. Finance Management
- General accounting, monthly upkeep of accounting records, scrutinize invoices, process payment and settle invoices in good time.
- Act as the organisation’s agent to the bank, reconcile Bank accounts with Company accounts and initiate transactions online
- Ensure general fund compliance as per formation documents (NSSF, NHIF, VAT, Withholding tax)
- Annual Tax Audit & preparation
3. Supplier Relations
- Maintain good supplier relationship through timely payments, giving feed back to them and changing them when necessary.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with relevant government agencies, authorities and other contacts
4. Portfolio Support
- Coordinate & help plan for key meetings as scheduled by booking calendars, meeting rooms and facilitate meetings
- Participate in the annual strategic workshop and Investor Conference
5. Office Management and Efficiency
- Manage day-to-day office operational and administrative functions e.g. delivery or pickup of mail and cheques, receiving and relaying telephone calls, receiving
- visitors and directing them accordingly, directing general inquiries to the appropriate staff members, schedule meetings, manage and coordinate calendars.
Proactively manage office space, inventory of office supplies, utilities, coordinate deliveries and manage filing systems to keep the office running smoothly.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- CPA (K) Qualifications
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role finance and admin role
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to efficiently prioritize work and multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, with exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th April 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “ACCOUNTS AND ADMIN OFFICER”.
Include your current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.