Our client, a privately-owned conglomerate, operating businesses in varied industries namely Property Development, Tourism, Hospitality and Floriculture, is looking to fill the strategic position of Group Financial Controller.
The position will report to the Group MD and will be responsible for providing leadership in all financial and accounting aspects of the Group and managing all efforts and results of the finance division including financial budgets, controls, projections, investment, accounting services and management of finance staff.
- Develop and implement the Group Finance strategy that is in line with the Group vision and government regulations and that is effective and efficient in achieving maximum profitability for the Group.
- Oversee preparation and presentation of periodic Group financial reports that are accurate, precise and timely.
- In charge of budgeting, budgetary control and forecasting process based on research and data reports.
- Actively manage organizational cash flow on daily basis and generate relevant cash flow projections and forecasting.
- Manage all aspects of group accounting, inventory control and payroll.
- Manage timely computation, payment and submission of all statutory deductions while ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Interact and actively engage with external key stakeholders such as Banks, KRA and other relevant bodies, while ensuring full compliance with all tax and relevant regulations.
- Lead from the front, determine key accountabilities; with clear communication and enforcing values, policies, and procedures.
- Be the main contact person in financial data liaison with all other departments, providing timely and accurate data for decision making.
- Bachelors’ Degree or/and Masters in Accounting/Business related studies.
- Experience in an ERP especially Oracle or SAP will be preferred.
- Fully qualified accountant – CPA(K)/ACCA.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- More than 8 years proven and sound hands on experience in combined accounting and finance in senior management role covering the key accountabilities above.
- Experience with creating financial statements and general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Strategic Financial Planning.
- Business Acumen and Vision.
- Forecasting and Decision making.
- Leadership and People Skills.
- Dealing with complexity and compliance.
Remuneration: An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
If you meet the requirements, send your CV in MS Word format to email@example.com, and indicate the job title as the subject.