Job Title: Head of Modern Trade / National Key Account Manager
Job Code: HMT/LEA/180227
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Commercial Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client is the world’s largest pure beauty company with over 100 years of history and experience. They are looking to fill the role of Head of Modern Trade for their office based in Nairobi.
Job Purpose: The Head of Modern Trade / National Key Accounts Manager is responsible for strategically managing Key Accounts through Account Managers to deliver sales targets allocated to the modern trade channel.
- Monitor, review and evolve strategies to achieve all accounts’ agreed sales value and volume and other sales KPI targets as signed off in the Joint Business Plan
- Develop, negotiate and implement the joint business plan
- Develop a product mix in the modern channel to deliver +30% Gross Margin
- Set targets for all Accounts and review performance constantly in accordance with an agreed contact strategy to ensure target achievement
- Ensure right working capital is apportioned to or business and is effectively managed by constantly monitoring to ensure agreed ordering frequency and payment terms is maintained
- Ensure on shelf availability of products, right product assortment in one’s channel in all outlets
- Ensure there is on shelf visibility in all outlets in the particular channel
- Develop the annual promotional plan for all the accounts in the modern channel
- Oversee the Implementation and control of promotion activities and the post promotion analysis
- Perfect store concept implementation
- Building relationship with the customers in the channel
- Recruitment of the Channel Managers for the Modern Trade Channel
- Building capability of the Key Accounts team (Channel Manages and Customer Marketing Manager) through training, coaching and giving continuous feedback
- Set the targets for the team and review their performance constantly
Reporting and Feedback:
- Submission of weekly and monthly reports – weekly sales report, ROI and profitability report, working capital analysis report and safety reports
- Provide shopper, customer and channel understanding
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Masters will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 to 5 years of experience in a similar role or as a senior Key Accounts Manager.
- Demonstrate mastery of commercial fundamentals.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.
- Strong in strategic thinking, leadership, communication, problem solving & decision making, initiative, follow through, customer business analysis.
- Strong in customer business management, program execution management, direct sales, merchandising, and pricing & packaging strategy.
- Good business acumen.
- A dynamic personality with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A hands-on approach.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Head of Modern Trade/National Key Accounts Manager
KINDLY INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT AND EXPECTED REMUNERATION IN YOUR RESUME