Centre for Health Solutions — Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS continues to grow as the preferred partner for health solutions by consistently focusing on the delivery of quality services and continuous improvement in a
transparent and accountable manner.
CHS is sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the following position:
Health Informatics Coordinator
Reference Number: 02/CHS/HIC/2018
Based in Siaya, Kenya
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor, the incumbent shall be responsible for the implementation of solutions that will lead to real-time data collection, submission and sharing.
- Design, develop, deploy and support Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems
- Design reporting and program monitoring dashboards
- Start-up and implement computerisation in new sites identified by the M&E Advisor
- Support in extraction and aggregation of data for program progress monitoring and reporting through the DATIM and Ministry of Health (MoH) system (DHIS)
- Design, develop and implement web-based and mobile health solutions to facilitate real time data transmission and report sharing
- Design, develop, deploy and support electronic systems for patient monitoring, as well as an aggregate database for program monitoring and reporting to MoH and donors
- Implementation of solutions that will lead to real-time data collection, submission and sharing
- Hardware and network setup and maintenance
- Write programming scripts to perform automated data accuracy checks and generate reports of any identified inconsistencies
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Information Technology
- Experience in the design, programming and administration of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in the Windows Server and Linux Server administration
- Experience in networking & hardware maintenance
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining knowledge management systems that facilitate data use for decision-making
- Demonstrable experience in development and implementation of web and m-health based solutions
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records’ development, implementation and support
- Working knowledge of DATIM and PEPFAR reporting systems
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, high pressure team environment
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Required Competencies, Skills and Experiences:
- Working knowledge of USG funded programs and reporting requirements
- Documented evidence of HIV/AIDS laboratory training as part on continuing professional development
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and is able to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in relevant computer packages for generating and analysing reports
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the reference number and position title in the subject line by 5.00PM Friday, March 23, 2018.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
BEWARE: Please be advised that CHS is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity / offer that requires payment of any fees / money.