Job Vacancy: Internal Auditor
Industry: Health NGO
Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Internal Auditor
Duties and Responsibilities
Management of the Risk Register
- Establishment and review of the organization Risk Register to be reviewed by DIA and approved by the Board
- Identification of data and indicators to be monitored by directors monthly and reported to Board quarterly in relation to Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Logistics, Commercial activities, Clinical Quality, and Programme Operations
- Revision of risk assessments and introduction of new ones as need arises
- Updating and maintaining the risk register
- Updating and maintaining the fraud and gift register
Review of Policies and Systems
- Review of all policies and systems and recommendations for amendment
- Agreement of minimum standards against each policy area
- Monitoring of review timetable
- Testing of effectiveness through regular visits and checks
- Recommendations for amendments arising from review of implementation
- Follow up reviews for implementation of agreed recommendations
Independent investigation of key areas of concern that arise.
- Discreet investigations into issues of concern identified by Management
- Responses to whistle blowing
- Prompt reports and recommended actions
Reporting and External audit
- Timely Quarterly and activity reports and Internal audit findings to DIA & EMT
- Annual summary IA reports on status of all recommendations
- Support the external audit process
People and administration
- To supervise, appraise, coach and manage the Internal Audit assistants and roving cashiers
- Review team’s field expenses and accountabilities
- Perform other related roles as requested by management
General IA audit work
- Develop team audit plans and present them to DIA for review
- Develop audit and maintain programmes for different processes and controls
- Support management in making value for money audits
- Develop and maintain work papers
- Review Audit assistant’s work papers and field reports
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, Finance, or any other relevant discipline
- Hold a recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACMA, CGMA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIA) (Desirable)
- 10 years’ experience of using and implementing audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods.
- Be a registered with a professional body.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures and practises of accounting, auditing, financial records and transactions.
- Ability to write clear concise and accurate audit reports in English essential
- Familiar with integrated accounting systems
- Familiar with computer aided audit techniques
- Experience of using computerized accounting and auditing record keeping systems.
- Experience of establishing and retaining effective working relationships with staff and ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present high quality, high value added concise oral and written reports in English
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 30th March, 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.