Heifer International is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically viable agricultural enterprises.
Heifer international Kenya seeks to fill the position below to support its country programs.
Project Coordinator – Food for All Project
Based in Nairobi and reporting to the Director of Programmes, you will assume responsibility for the management and coordination of the Heifer Kenya component of the Food For All Project.
This is five year Euros 5,352,986 project funded by Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) implemented in partnership with Solidaridad East and Central Expertise Centre, Meru Greens Horticulture, Soil Cares and the Horticultural Crops Development Authority in Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Makueni and Machakos in which Heifer International will work to strengthen 5 dairy cooperatives and 10,000 dairy farmers.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Coordinate the project implementation, annual budgeting, planning and reporting processes for the project including generating annual and quarterly budgets, work plans and progress reports.
- Develop and manage the delivery of a comprehensive capacity building programme to develop the 5 project target producer cooperatives into strong entities through training ¡n business, strategic planning, governance and financial management.
- Coordinate the establishment of an effective extension system in each of the 5 dairy organizations that will deliver training and services to the 10,000 dairy farmers and increase production and productivity.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Rural Development, Enterprise Development or other related field, plus five (5) years in a mix of economic growth/trade, value chain competitiveness, investment promotion, or agriculture development.
- Minimum of three (5) years’ management level work experience is essential and significant experience in building public/private partnerships, preferably in the dairy sector.
- Strong business skills, leadership, strategic and innovation skills and demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in advancing best practices in value chain development.
How to Apply
To apply for these positions please visit www.heifer.org/careers
Closing date for all applications is Wednesday 21 March, 2018.