HFC Limited, an integrated property and financial solutions provider has an exciting opportunity in our ICT Division.
We are seeking for talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Job Advert: Platform Specialist – ICT Division
The Platform Specialist will be responsible for the design, specifications, development, system testing and technical management of the Payments Gateway and Mobile Financial Services Platform.
The role takes business strategy and customer requirements fully into account when making proposals and/or carrying out work.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following Key Result Areas:
- Manage the design, development and continuous improvement of the Bank’s Mobile Financial Services Platform (MFSP). This will include evaluating, planning, implementing and maintaining the assigned work packages in IT Projects within agreed time and budget constraints.
- Manage relationships with all technology based service providers as a way of ensuring that uptimes are optimized.
- Provide input into the development and maintenance of the Business Continuity Plan and Data Security Plan for the MFSP in order to guarantee continuation of services at all times. Ensure the MFSP is designed, and configured to be aligned to the BCP and Data Security Plan
- Provide expert guidance on 2nd level escalations on the MFSP and Payment Gateways to the team’s running the IT platforms on a day to day basis
- Ensure appropriate controls and monitoring mechanisms to keep information technology operations and services in place despite power outages and telecommunication failures.
- Ensure appropriate MIS are produced for users.
- As a member of various systems related committees and projects, take a proactive role in influencing policy and the strategic direction of the Bank.
- Ensure that all the assigned bank information technology platforms keep pace with technological innovations and developments as a way of protecting investment in technology.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer on MFSP and Payments Gateway to the IT Operations and IT Applications Teams to ensure proper handling of the Platforms on a day to day basis.
The ideal candidates should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. A Master’s degree in Technology or Business related course is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in IT systems development within a large highly digitized organization designing, implementing and managing mission critical systems, with at least 4 of those years within application development and support.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial Services supporting payment solutions and mobile services.
- Hands on experience in software development with major languages Java, C++, C# and practical experience using relation RDBMS e.g. Oracle and MS SQL etc
- Hands on experience in complex mobile financial services, payment solutions and systems integrations using major SOA tools (Oracle Weblogic/ESB/SOA).
- Experience with formal software development processes and methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, RUP, SCRUM or MSF.
- Experience in designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer).
- Expertise in various programming languages and data interfaces (.Net 4.0 Framework, C# Programming, XML, Java, Object-oriented programming, etc.).
- Knowledge and expertise in SOA, Web Services, Data Services, and application program interfaces (API) architectures.
- Deep understanding of industry standard formats and protocols (JMS, SOAP, XML/XPath/XQuery, REST and JSON)
- SQL query writing skills.
- A good knowledge of the systems and processes within Financial Services industry especially Core Banking, Payments, Channels, CRM and Data Management.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:-
- Ability to work independently under strict deadlines.
- Good reporting skills
- Results oriented, analytical thinker, problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of existing and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated good planning and organization skills.
- Team player and must have integrity
Kindly make your application through our website : www.hfgroup.co.ke
Please note that applications should be received by 23rd March 2018