A well-established Hospital in Kenya is looking for a Cashier to work closely with Assistant Accountant the cashier is responsible for all cash and check payments made to the hospital.
- Process transactions to the cash register by effectively and efficiently handling cash and credit card payments.
- Manage daily balancing and reconciling of office accounts.
- Handle daily bank deposits.
- Document bank transactions by handling checks in a proactive manner.
- Maintain petty cash logs, receipts and balances on a daily basis.
- Assist patients, relatives, staff and the general public with any queries relating to bills, charges, balances, mode of payment etc.
- Enforce credit policies to ensure that defaulters and patients with extended credits pay on time.
- Enter all payments received from suppliers, cafeteria and pharmacy into designated databases.
- Transfer income activities into accounting applications and ensure the integrity of entered data.
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly report of transactions.
- Handle cash clearing and credit balancing activities along with determining and investigating unidentified accounts.
- Provide assistance to the front desk in handling patient admissions and provision of information to patients, families and visitors.
- KCSE with a minimum of C plain
- Minimum of C plain in Mathematics
- KATC Final
- Certificate in front office operations or its equivalent will be an added advantage
- One year cashier and cash handling experience in a hospital
- Strong math and computer skills
- Integrity, customer service and organizational skills
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili
- Communication skills.
- Stress tolerance
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Salary: Ksh. 35,000 – 40,000 gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th March 2018