A well-established Hospital in Kenya is looking for a Facilities Manager to be responsible for the day to day operational management of the buildings at hospital including the construction, renovation and ongoing maintenance of the buildings, grounds maintenance, space management and utilities infrastructure.
This includes leading on projects in connection with maintenance of the buildings. S/he provides expert specialist professional advice on all aspects of facilities services, construction, buildings to managers, the leadership team and the Board.
- Provide a project management service for all maintenance projects. Including development and implementation of project initiation documents, business cases, briefing documents, project delivery and commissioning programs, technical specifications and technical drawings.
- Propose to the leadership maintenance improvements needed to fulfil the hospital strategic objectives.
- Manage and lead all maintenance change projects to ensure minimum disruption to patients and hospital services.
- Supervise the work of external consultants and contractors.
- Plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises.
- Determining and scheduling repairs, renovation projects and safety inspections.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Ensure property leases for the satellite clinics are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Maintain an efficient planned maintenance schedule.
- Negotiate and implement service level agreements with suppliers of maintenance and facilities services in line with the hospital policies.
- Monitor the technical safety legislation compliance of all building services for the hospital and ensure that these requirements are complied with.
- Lead on implementation of maintenance and facilities related risk management action plans.
- Ensure that all health and safety policies are implemented and monitored.
- Set and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the team.
- A degree in building/facilities management, construction or management or other related degree.
- Professional experience
- At least 5 years experience at management level with some responsibility for facilities in a hospital
- Project management experience in a Hospital
- Able to lead a team including those within a project team
- Able to travel to satellite clinics
- Knowledge of building and health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of professional standards in relation to maintenance
- Observation skills including attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Salary: Ksh 70,000-120,000 gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th March 2018