A well-established Hospital in Kenya is looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to be responsible for a sterile environment throughout the hospital ensuring it is clean and disinfected in order to prevent the spread of infectious diseases as well as maintain a clean and healthy environment for patients, visiting relatives, all staff and visiting consultants.
The role also ensures that upholstery are clean and replenished as required.
- Monitor, guide and supervise housekeepers work
- Set work plans for housekeepers
- Review cleanliness of hospital with frequent spot checks daily
- Act upon results of hygiene audits to improve cleanliness of hospitals
- Set rota for housekeepers and allocate areas for housekeepers to work in
- Provide regular training to housekeepers on hygiene standards and cleaning requirements in a hospital setting
- Provide intensive inductions for new staff
- Regularly review performance of housekeepers and provide training to address performance gaps
- Raise and sustain cleanliness and quality standards within the hospital and its environs
- Supervise cleaning, mopping and sterilizing all the areas in the hospital including the public waiting areas
- Disinfect patient rooms upon patient discharge or patient room swap using specialized cleaning agents to prevent the spread of germs.
- Promote patient comfort within the patient rooms in collaboration with the laundry manager
- In collaboration with ward in charge, tidy patient rooms to maintain order and neatness.
- Sterilize sinks and toilets, and mop all floors daily
- Ensure cleaning of hospital exterior
- Study the ISO Document on the waste management and review the following areas:
- Biological waste generated by the hospital.
- Non biological waste including but not limited to kitchen waste, office waste, paper, plastics and glass
- Separation of the waste named above and identifying different methods of disposal including recycling
- Ensure all relevant polices, and standards are met and upheld
- A Diploma in either Hotel and Catering Management or Hotel and Hospitality management or its equivalent
- Proven experience of not less than 2 years in a health institution.
- Computer literate
- Hardworking and committed.
- Self driven and result oriented, able to meet targets
- Pleasant attitude and friendliness
- Self-driven and result oriented, able to meet targets.
Salary: Ksh. 35,000 – 40,000 gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th March 2018