A well-established Hospital in Kenya is looking for a Laundry Supervisor to be responsible for running the laundry department day to day operations and also to deliver an excellent guest experience while managing stock ordering and supplier relationships.
S/he will be responsible for up keeping training, performance evaluations, scheduling and supervising the personnel within the department.
- Overall responsibility for daily operations in the laundry department
- Supervision of all laundry personnel
- Recruitment management and training of the laundry personnel
- Supervises inventory and stock control
- Maintains the budgetary targets
- Ensures that health and safety standards are maintained in the laundry department
- Responsible for the duty allocation of the different tasks in the department
- Liaises with procurement department for material and equipment orders
- Managing, training and recruiting laundry attendants
- Plan and direct linen cleaning activities
- Is responsible for laundry equipment purchases and repairs
- Handles problems or complaints regarding laundry processes
- Maintain all the laundry records
- Comply with all statutory requirements regarding laundry operations
- Inspects articles to determine methods of specific cleaning requirements
- Inspects finished laundered articles to ensure conformance to standards.
- Observes operation of machines and equipment to detect possible malfunctions
- A Diploma in Laundry Management
- Computer literate
- Proven experience 2 years Experience in supervisory position in a health institution.
- A valid typhoid vaccination card
- Proven working experience as a Laundry in charge
- Excellent record of Laundry management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
Salary: Ksh. 40,000 -50,000gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th March 2018