A well-established Hospital in Kenya is looking for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for assisting in all activities in respect to financial management and office administration.
- Implement the hospital’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Process all cash and cheque payments to ensure prompt banking of cash and cheques, timely recording of receipts, payments and reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts.
- Handling all month-end bank reconciliations and journal entries.
- Maintenance of accurate and updated accounting information.
- General ledger administration.
- Monitoring and authorizing petty cash expenses and reimbursements.
- Compile and distribute financial reports as required.
- Provide the liaison with external auditors in audit of financial statements.
- Managing fixed assets portfolio register.
- Participate in and coordinate administrative duties such as scheduling, booking, billing and medical records to achieve a high quality customer focused outpatient service in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Enter or update data to modify existing/new database or client records ensuring accuracy and confidentiality in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective maintenance of office premises, in coordination with the receptionist.
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Business or Commerce
- CPA (K) registered
- At least 4 years of progressive working experience in accounting, two of which must be at a supervisory level in a hospital
- Must be computer literate with excellent working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting software.
- Expert knowledge of accounting, auditing and financial and management reporting.
- Good analytical skills, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Highly presentable, hardworking and committed
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and procedures
Salary: Ksh. 130,000 -150,000 gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th March 2018