Rewarding Career Opportunity in Internal Audit
Our client, the Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation, is a Development Finance Institution (DFI) with over 60 years of experience in promoting projects that create wealth and jobs for Kenyans in diverse sectors of the economy.
ICDC supports projects in Manufacturing, Agro-processing, CT infrastructure & Software development and Energy sectors.
ICDC is seeking to recruit a high caliber, motivated, visionary, dynamic and results-oriented candidate to fill the position of Manager, Internal Audit.
The position is charged with key responsibility of providing leadership in ensuring operational compliance to established processes, procedures and internal controls systems that will safeguard the Corporation’s investment portfolio, asset base and capability to deliver services in the most efficient, effective and profitable manner.
The Manager, Internal Audit will report functionally to the Board and administratively to the Executive Director.
In addition, she/he shall be directly responsible for Audit teams and other staff within the Audit function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop Internal Audit framework, policies and operating procedures;
- Evaluate and advise on the effectiveness of the Corporation’s risk management framework;
- Review and assess operational, financial and management reports, systems, policies and guidelines and recommend improvements;
- Ensure appropriate technical advice and support and quality assurance is provided to the Board, senior management teams and the Corporation as a whole;
- Conduct independent appraisal of the Corporation’s activities, functions and operations in order to ensure internal control frameworks are ¡n place and operating efficiently;
- Lead and carry out special investigations on any suspected fraudulent and corrupt activities, carry out systems audits and unplanned internal audit work;
- Prepare timely and accurate audit reports for presentation to the Senior Management and Audit Committee of the Board;
- Follow up to ensure implementation of Audit recommendations, analyze the impact and confirm compliance with statutes, regulations and government guidelines;
- Assess compliance with Acts, regulations and guidelines;
- Develop, train, coach, motivate and evaluate functional staff to achieve their highest levels of performance;
- Coordinate audit assignments with external auditors; and
- Identify, implement and benchmark best practices in internal audit management.
Key Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate must have:
a. Served ¡n the grade of Assistant Manager, Internal Audit for a minimum period of three (3) years
At least ten (10) years’ relevant work experience in a Financial Institution either in public or private sector;
b. A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting option); Commerce (Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
c. A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting option); Commerce (Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
d. Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or Part III of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
e. A Certified Information Systems Auditor (C.I.S.A);
f. Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
g. A Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
h. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
The right candidate must be compliant with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
All applicants must submit certified copies of the clearance certificates from the following Institutions:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application to email@example.com with the job title as the subject heading.
Your application should consist of a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae in MS Word or PD with three (3) professional referees, email address and telephone contact.
Only applications received via electronic mail will be considered.
Applicants are encouraged to view the detailed job description for the position at the following link:
Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
The deadline for submission of applications is 3rd April 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer