Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
Career Opportunity: Software Developer
Contractual (One Year)
Job Ref: ICPAK 004/2018
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) which was established in 1978 is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya.
ICPAK draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008 and has been dedicated to the development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavour on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Summary: The Software Developer will be responsible for developing the audit software.
The Software Developer shall report to the ICT Manager and shall the following be tasked with the following:
- Interacting with various clients and/or stakeholders to determine their problem statement through requirements gathering, conduct analysis of the requirements and come up with requirement and system specification documents for the ICPAK Audit Software
- Analyze relevant existing documentation on standards, technical guides, templates, procedures, standards and tools to come up with software design for the ICPAK Audit Software
- System development; conduct actual building of the application – use of various standards of software modelling and programming using different techniques to come up with solution models, designs, prototypes and the final system
- Development of System documentation for the ICPAK audit software i.e user guides, manuals, and system functional specification documents for use by users and various stakeholders
- Conduct white and black box testing as well as user acceptance testing with stakeholders to ensure that the solution meets the expectations
- Operationalization – deploy the automated system in the production server and other platforms applicable as per the requirements of the project, conduct user training, and disseminate system documentation
- Support – Provide technical support by identifying and resolving system issues
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Software engineering or Computer Science
- Relevant Certifications in programming and system development
- Minimum of 4 years verifiable experience in developing complex and data driven web based solutions and desktop applications
- Desktop Application Programming skills – thorough working knowledge of C#, C++, JAVA FX or other popular desktop application programming language
- Thorough knowledge of relevant web frameworks and libraries e.g. bootstrap, Laravel will be an added advantage
- Database skills – Thorough knowledge of designing and developing databases on Mysql, and SQL server
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage own time with changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to go the extra mile
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address:
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 6th April 2018.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.