The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
(Open to Kenyan Nationals Only)
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent will carry out preventive maintenance work on timber works and plan and prepare carpentry work in most timely and effective way.
- Perform carpentry work as directed, carry out any repairs or changes to existing structures;
- Giving proposal on joinery works and cost effective approach together with reports on the works;
- Assessment of materials and cost estimates required for a project;
- Make different kinds of furniture / joinery with good finishing including varnishing;
- Knowledge in the use of electric carpentry equipment i.e. planners, jigsaws, sander and drills.
- Academic “O” level or equivalent;
- Government Grade III certificate in carpentry and joinery;
- Computer literate;
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position.
- Good analytical and communication skills;
- Good sense of workmanship and quality conscious;
- Meticulous, with ability to work independently.
How to Apply
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resource Office on the address or e-mail below, before 4th April, 2018 (indicate the position title on the subject line).
Please include: detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter, copies of relevant certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Nairobi Regional Delegation,
P.O. Box 73226, Nairobi, 00200
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any single stage of the recruitment process.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||