The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
We are hiring!
Cash and Market Specialist – Nairobi
The Cash and Market Specialist is responsible for all the technical aspects of the Cash Projects conducted by ICRC in Somalia.
He/She plans, organises and monitors the implementation of the projects according to institutional procedures and objectives.
- Participates actively in the design, planning and implementation of cash projects/program review and evaluation;
- Analyses the economic security situation related to livelihoods, conducts needs assessments and plans cash interventions;
- Gives recommendations for suitable cash projects/programs based on the identified needs;
- Ensures that the project implementation is carried out in line with the set objectives, timeframe, allocated budget and the internally adopted coordination mechanisms;
- Submits written reports as required;
- Liaises closely with and supports the activities of Field Officers in Somalia conducting cash programs;
- Ensures support, coaching and supervision of the Economic Security Field Officers involved in the monitoring of cash interventions;
- Ensures proper records managements for all ICRC cash projects in Somalia;
- Maintains contacts with the relevant stakeholders / authorities at the regional level.
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced Degree in Economics, Social Science, Development Studies, or a related field;
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in cash transfer programming and market analysis;
- Experience in supporting, supervising or developing different cash transfer programming programs, covering various modalities, mechanisms and approaches along the cash transfer programming project cycle;
- Ability to conduct market assessment and market analysis; and to support related capacity building activities;
- Experience in working with multiple databases and excellent capability in using spread sheets;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali languages is essential;
- Strong planning, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with no supervision;
- Good knowledge of the Somalia context.
- A dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com.
Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range.
The closing date ¡s 7th March 2018.
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.