The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
(Open to Kenyan Nationals only)
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent contributes to the yearly planning of all print and Audio Visual, production and follows up on all production files with external partners (printers, graphic design) and with Nairobi Regional Communication Centre. He/She organizes different public events such as exhibitions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Production of Publications and Promotional Items
- Coordinates the local production of ICRC publications, through collecting content (text, images), inputs and specifications from different departments;
- Coordinates in collaboration with the Communication Coordinator the delegation’s annual budget for production and consumption of communication tools;
- Initiates and follows through requisition orders for Communication materials from ICRC Geneva;
- Manages the entire publication project cycle from first idea, pre-testing, production, and promotion to distribution and impact follow up of the tool;
- Responsible for the correct and consistent application of the ICRC visual identity for all local productions,
- Observes and provides guidance on the application of the ICRC internal regulations for the production of publications to all departments as well as the Missions;
- Develops and maintains a network of external service providers to ensure the smooth production of dissemination material and/or photographic printing, including regular market surveys;
- Ensures the follow up of all administrative aspects of local production of ICRC publications, promotional materials and audio-visual tools with Logistics Department;
- Responsible for collecting and archiving photographs from all the departments and the Missions and annually sending a selection to Geneva’s Library & Public Archives unit;
Production of Audio- Visual Material
- Responsible for contracts with external companies that produce Audio –visual content for ICRC;
- Responsible for liaising with departments to understand their Audio-visual needs and to guide on the best way to go about it;
- Accompanies all Audio Visual producing companies to ensure proper documentation;
- Supervises the editing of all Audio Visual materials;
- Responsible for archiving and sharing all raw and final edited Audio Visual material with all the relevant ICRC departments in the field and in Headquarters;
- Contributes to the organization of different public events such as exhibitions
- Responsible for production of exhibition materials and hiring of the necessary props.
- University degree in Communications, Marketing, or other relevant field;
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar function;
- Excellent knowledge of the production process of print and Audio visual material;
- Excellent knowledge of the use of Excel tools;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili;
- At ease with social media and new technologies;
- Flexibility to travel within and outside the country.
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office at the e-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org before 3rd April, 2018 (indicate the position title in the subject line).
Please include: detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter, copies of relevant certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
NB: ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any single stage of the recruitment process